- Prawns – 250 gm
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Onion – 1
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Green chilies – 2
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Tomato – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Kudam puli / gamboge – 2 small(Soak them in enough water and tear into small pieces)
- Dry red chilies – 2
1. Wash and clean the prawns. Marinate the prawns with turmeric, chilly powder and salt for at least 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a claypot or a heavy-bottomed pan at medium heat. Splutter the mustards and fry dry red chilies.
3.Add finely chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies and curry leaves. Saute until onion turns light golden.
4.Add the spice powders(Turmeric, chilly,coriander) and saute until their raw smell is gone. Add finely chopped tomatoes, salt and saute until tomato turns mushy and oil separates.
5.Add 1 cup of hot water, kudam puli pieces and enough salt. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes. Add the prawns. Cook until done and gravy is thick. Add 1 tsp coconut oil and a few curry leaves.